New Appointment Times available for 2023
Every treatment is tailored to the individual, if you are unsure what treatment you would like, please call to discuss with us and we will do what we can to help you.
WHAT IS OSTEOPATHY
Osteopathy is a system of diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of medical conditions. It works with the structure and function of the body, and is based on the principle that the well-being of an individual depends on the skeleton, muscles, ligaments and connective tissues functioning smoothly together.
Osteopaths may use touch, physical manipulation, taping, stretching, acupuncture and massage to increase the mobility of joints, to relieve muscle tension, to enhance the blood and nerve supply to tissues, and to help your body’s own healing mechanisms. They may also provide advice on posture and exercise to aid recovery, promote health and prevent symptoms recurring.
Osteopathic patients include the young, older people, manual workers, office professionals, pregnant women, children and sports people.
Holistic Concepts Osteopaths provide professional help for:
- Generalised aches and pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- Arthritic pain
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury)
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic) / migraine prevention
- Frozen shoulder / shoulder and elbow pain / tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Circulatory problems, cramp
- Digestive problems
- Joint pains
- Lumbago (low back pain)
- Muscle spasms
- Inability to relax
- Rheumatic pain
- Minor sports injuries and tension
Osteopathy may assist in many other conditions however, the above list complies with current Advertising Standards Authority regulations, which is based on current medical evidence (2019).
Initial Osteopathic consultation and follow up treatments are £55
Your first visit to an Osteopath at Holistic Concepts Therapies will be between 55 and 60 minutes, depending on the complexity of your case. Integrating:
- A case history detailing your medical history and lifestyle and how this may be impacting on your complaint.
- A medical examination targeted towards your body systems, joints and muscles is carried out to test your structures to ascertain a diagnosis.
- Your diagnosis is explained to you, in a way that you can understand.
- A treatment plan is outlined, in line with the normal healing time of your injury or complaint that suits you. This may simply be outlining aggravating and relieving factors which will enable you to promote healing on your own.
- Osteopathy treatment is tailored to suit you. There are over 40 osteopathy techniques and your experience of having and reacting to manual therapy will be discussed so we can outline which techniques may be most beneficial to you. Which commonly include joint mobilisation, manipulation and massage and more gentle techniques such as positional release or cranial osteopathy. Your preference is prioritised.
Follow up treatments are 45 to 60 minutes duration and integrate:
- An update on your history, how you have responded to treatment and how you have progressed.
- You will be re-examined and the diagnosis confirmed or updated.
- Treatment is tailored to your presentation on the day and preferences.
- Rehabilitation or health improvement advice and exercises will be prescribed.
- A health progression plan will be discussed and agreed with you.
To book an appointment at Holistic Concepts Therapies, please call or WhatsApp us on 07740854178. You can also use our direct booking link here.